Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Thousand Splendid Suns

This is the book I started today: "A Thousand Splendid Suns". I've also read "The Kite Runner" by the same author however, I really hope that this book is less graphic. Deke has already read this one and says its "read-worthy", we'll see. I've read 5 chapters today and so far my favorite line from this book is: "A man's heart is a wretched, wretched thing. It isn't like a mothers womb. It won't bleed, it won't stretch to make room for you. I'm the only one who can love you." Now, I don't agree with this quote but I found it amusing nonetheless.
So far I'm pleased with this book. I really do enjoy reading about people in the middle east, it leads me to believe that the Muslim culture is sorely misunderstood. That's all for now... I'm going back to my book.

No comments: