Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Hunger Games Trilogy

I recently read this trilogy, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I bought these books because of all the publicity they were receiving on facebook and goodreads. Everyone who wrote reviews about these books made it sound like the next Twilight hype, so naturally I had to investigate. I have to admit that in the beginning I was a little apprehensive reading a story about children from ages 12-18 killing each other as "sport". If you haven't read the books yet don't let that discourage you, they really are intriguing books. I think what captivated me the most was, like Twilight, these books also have a love triangle. One girl torn between two guys who diligently fight for her attention and returning love. What can be better than that? Throw in some blood and a corrupt government and you have The Hunger Games! My final opinion: Thumbs up, must read!


No comments: